The Greater Lowell Health Alliance welcomes you to participate in this year’s Greater Lowell PRIDE Parade – All are welcome!
Special thank you to Miss Jackie Diamond for Chairing the Greater Lowell PRIDE Parade Committee!
If you would like to march in the parade, please REGISTER HERE
Greater Lowell PRIDE Parade 2019
Sat. June 1st, 2019 12PM
11am – Staging for the parade will take place at Christ Church United, 180 E. Merrimack St. Lowell . Where we were last year! Please check in at the registration table, located at the corners of High & Bartlett Streets.
Parade Route: The procession will begin at Christ Church United, turn right onto Merrimack Street, left onto Central Street, right onto Market Street, right onto Palmer Street, right onto Merrimack Street and ending at Middlesex Community College, 33 Kearney Square, Lowell. We ask that you join us for our PRIDE Festival taking place this year at Middlesex Community College, in the back along the canal. The PRIDE Festival will have live entertainment, food, vendors, health information, tie dying, and fun for all!
FREE PARKING: Available at the Davidson Street Parking lot
The parade will begin at 12pm “sharp”, on Sat June 1st. Please arrive by 11AM for check-in at the GLHA registration table.
All groups must assign one person to register as the Marshal. If you haven’t done so already please register at;
This group Marshal will be responsible for lining up their group in its assigned section. The Group Marshal will also be responsible for each member of their group to abide by all the following GLHA Parade rules.
All groups having vehicles, trailers, or floats must have them located in its assigned section, with all decorations completed and be ready for inspection by 11:30 am. Vehicles which would not pass Mass Inspection may not be allowed.
GLHA Parade Rules:
- There will be no alcohol, nudity or obscene language allowed during the parade!
- There will be no throwing of anything into the spectator crowds; however, you may hand-out materials.
- No-one will be allowed to enter or exit a vehicle, trailer or float during the parade, other than to accommodate a medical emergency. This includes no hanging on, hanging out windows, riding on running boards, etc. while a vehicle is moving.
- No unwarranted stopping of vehicles or groups during the Parade, unless briefly for a Press Photographer to take Pictures. Remember, the press is important to us and our allies for media coverage.
- All passengers must disembark at the end of the Parade at Middlesex Community College, 33 Kearney Square, Lowell. No one will be allowed to remain on a trailer or float beyond this area. Vehicles and trailers will then be directed further down the street back to Davidson Parking Lot.
- All loose decorations or objects must be removed before leaving this area.
- No vehicles, trailers, or floats will be allowed to remain near Middlesex Community College during the concert at 12pm.
- The Parade must start promptly at Noon from Christ Church United, 180 E. Merrimack St. Lowell, MA 01852. It is important we clear Merrimack Street as rapidly as feasible, and move on to the parade route down Merrimack St.
Note: Please be polite and thankful to the Lowell Police Dept. and City Officials who have made this event possible. Please clean up any trash or debris and place it in proper the containers. Remember the cost of cleanup is the burden of the GLHA and could impact future events!From All GLHA Staff and Volunteers: “HAPPY PRIDE“